Having nicely trimmed nails, smooth heels, and freshly polished toe nails make us happy. Yet, getting a pedicure in the winter might not be as convenient because we cannot wear sandals. We must wear shoes or boots to the salon and put them on after getting the service so our toes won’t freeze. After our toe nails are polished, we do not want to smudge the shiny polish, so we must wait under the dryer what seems like… forever …to dry our polish.
Some tips to keep your polish not smudged after a pedicure:
1. UGG boots are the best type of shoes for pedicure in the winter because they wear looser than normal shoes. Wear them or bring them to the salon. If you do not have any UGG boots, wear any other type of loose shoes.
2. After the pedicure, dry your feet under the light for 15 minutes.
3. Apply some cuticle oil over the polish. The cuticle oil sets the polish and also moisturizes your skin.
4. Wrap your toes in plastic sandwich bag, which prevents the polish from smudging and sticking to your socks.
5. Put on your socks and UGG boots.
Your toe polish will remain undamaged and shiny!
At Diamond Nails & Spa, cuticle oil and sandwich bag are provided for our clients.